Cultivating our world-class supplier relationships
At Cintas, we know that having a strong supplier network plays a direct role in our business performance and global competitiveness. And we have a long history of relying on the services of a broad range of both domestic and international suppliers — owning, operating or doing business with contractors in hundreds of cases overseas, and manufacturing production in five continents in more than 30 countries.
Achieving a base of suppliers which includes qualifed minority and women owned business enterprises.
A diverse supply chain keeps us competitive
It’s a fact: the more diverse our supply chain, the more competitive we are as a company. That’s why we put every effort into making sure this chain is as robust and varied as possible, with a supplier network that includes a wealth of women-owned and ethnically diverse businesses. We also know that securing a diverse supplier base is more reflective of our dynamic business community, and helps us better serve our customers.
It’s a commitment that starts at the top, with our Supplier Diversity Executive Steering Committee. Members of this committee are proactive change agents who work to ensure that our employee-partners are aligned on the many advantages of giving diverse suppliers equal access to Cintas partnerships.
- Cintas is a member of the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and the Veteran-Owned Business Association.
- Since fiscal year 2007, we have spent more than $1.6 billion with certified diverse suppliers.
- In fiscal year 2017, we spent $208 million with diverse suppliers — totaling 11.74% of external domestic spend.
- We spent $96.7 million with women business enterprises in FY ‘17.
- We spent $110.7 million with minority business enterprises in FY ‘17.
- We spent $1.2 million with veteran business enterprises in FY ‘17.
- We continually invest in development courses — offering training to more than 1,700 minority- and women-owned businesses across the country since 2009.
- Included in Corporate 101: America’s Most Admired Corporations for Supplier Diversity, 2017.
- Ranked among Women’s Enterprise magazine’s Top 100 Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises for 2017.
- Ranked among Women’s Enterprise magazine’s Top 100 Leaders in Corporate Supplier Diversity for 2017.
- Included in Diversity Plus magazine’s Top 30 Champions of Diversity ranking, 2017.
- Recognized as 2017 MBN USA Supplier Diversity Champions.
- Awarded Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council 2017 Corporate Advocate of the Year.
Ready to take action
Our goal at Cintas is to continually expand our network of businesses owned by minorities, women and veterans. We know this not only enhances our company value and drives a significant competitive advantage, it also helps us better serve our customer base that is also richly diverse.
To find more information regarding supplier registration and compliance, please visit the following pages: